Speaking in Tech: VMware plots to build data centre that RUNS ITSELF
Virty vendor's Virsto slurp, virtualised vomit, Dell and more...
It's another recap of the week in tech, all ready to download to your phone or tablet to make your commute home that much more informative and funny. Join your hosts, consumer and enterprise tech gurus Greg Knieriemen and Ed Saipetch - guru number three, Sarah Vela, is ill this week - for everything you need to know about the business of tech. Joining them is Cisco's Amy Lewis, who explains her distributed model for virtualised vomit, and special guest Andy Banta of VMware, who chats about his firm's acquisition of storage hypervisor maker Virsto.
This week we discuss...
- Eddie and Greg Banter, Sarah is sick... so Amy Lewis jumps in to save the show
- VMware acquires Virsto Software for software defined storage
- More Dell news, shareholders challenge buyout...
- The innovation that came out of Sun
- Greg gets burned by “Stump the Chump”
- Defence contractor might have a predictive stalking app
- More privacy issues creep up
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection