10th February 2013 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Misconfigured backup relay
When there was a power outage during the Superbowl, it only took minutes for someone to claim responsibility on behalf of “Anonymous”. There’s never a guarantee that anyone claiming to speak for the collective is actually doing so; and in any case, the reality turns out to be boring. According to the Wall Street Journal, the …
Data Networking 10 Feb 22:07
Southeastern Asset Management fumes as Dell the man has little skin in game
The price that something is worth is not what you can come up with in some spreadsheet, but rather the price that someone will pay for it. That was a hard lesson for Southeastern Asset Management (SAM) to learn when it heavily invested in Sun Microsystems before it was ultimately sold to Oracle, and this could turn out to be …
Financial News 10 Feb 22:52
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE