Speaking in Tech: HP's snarky Dell jab 'doesn't seem very Meg-like'
Plus: 'NetApp's too expensive to be acquired right now'
It's another episode of El Reg's enterprise tech cast, with your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, they're guest-free, which means Sarah can consolidate her high score on Temple Run while the crew get really honest about what they think of the infamous HP press release about Dell going private.
We also learn more about the rumours surrounding Big Blue swallowing NetApp, and word around Facebook's alleged 'mobile location-tracking app". Just click play - or do yourself a favour and subscribe... The SIT crew cover all the main talking points of the week in tech - consumer and enterprise.
This week they discuss:
- Banter and transcripts
- Eddie's new job
- Dell to go private, Knieriemen wins the bet
- HP's snarky press release regarding Dell
- Rumours persist about a NetApp acquisition by IBM
- Facebook is rumoured to create mobile location-tracking app
- Bang with Friends App Review
- Prediction: Privacy issues will emerge across the industry
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection