Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/25/rehab_vid/
LOHAN premieres intimate REHAB vid
Lid blown on shed-built hypobaric rocket motor test rig
As the Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN ) team continues to advance inexorably on various front towards the launch of our Vulture 2 spaceplane, we've taken a bit of time to look back at our REHAB experiment.
LOHAN fans will know that the purpose of the Rocketry Experimental High Altitude Barosimulator was to test solid propellant motors at simulated high altitude, to see if they'd go pop in the stratosphere.
The answer is yes , given a bit of a prod, and although we're not quite done with our REHAB tomfoolery, we answered various requests for an overview by putting together a video highlighting the major elements of the process. Enjoy:
Watch Video 
We'll be popping back to REHAB over the next couple of months to refine the custom igniter set-up, but our immediate mission priority is to organise a second test flight of the Special Project Electronic Altitude Release System (SPEARS ) control board.
When the weather improves, the undaunted SPEARS team will again assemble in southern England for the El Reg versus the jetstream rematch. We fully intend to come out on top this time, so keep watching the skies...®
Further LOHAN resources:
- New to LOHAN? Try this mission summary  for enlightenment.
- You can find full LOHAN coverage right here .
- Join the expert LOHAN debate down at Reg forums .
- All the LOHAN and Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) vids live on YouTube .
- For our SPB photo archive, proceed directly to Flickr .
- We sometimes indulge in light consensual tweeting, as you can see here .