From post-coital squid to high-res Playboy bunnies: The 2012 'IT angle?!' quiz
Test your knowledge of the year's most stimulating stories
Cattle farts and sushi
32. A sushibot invented by Suzumo Machinery can crank out how many pieces of inari-sushi per hour?
A. 60 to 120
B. 240 to 480
C. 960 to 1,920
D. 1,200 to 2,500
33. At what game is a Japanese robot capable of beating a human opponent 100 per cent of the time?
C. rock, paper, scissors
D. Scrabble (either hiragana or katakana)
34. Where did a retired US doctor claim to have found the controversial Gräfenberg Spot (aka G-spot)?
A. in bonobos
B. in Poland
C. in a computer model of the adult female nervous system (but not in a living female)
D. exactly where she told you it was all along
35. Male bar-goers in Michigan are being advised by whom or what to take a cab rather than risk a drunk-driving arrest?
A. talking urinal cakes
B. off-duty prostitutes
C. LED messages on the inside of the bottom of pint glasses
D. bar employees wearing realistic police uniforms, complete with loaded guns
36. What is an Australian restaurant legally recycling?
A. uneaten food for meat and vegetable pies
B. patron's urine for fertilizer
C. trapped rodents for sausage meat
D. paper plates, washed and dried
37. The Pirate Bay warned its fans not to use websites that advertise themselves as what?
A. The Pirate Bay
B. torrent-user forums and chat rooms
C. online storage and backup services
D. alternatives to iTunes
38. If you download a torrent from sites such as The Pirate Bay, how long will it be before your IP address has likely been logged by copyright enforcers?
A. three seconds
B. three minutes
C. three hours
D. three days
39. Who shares the most photos online?
A. American teenage girls
B. Japanese teenage girls
C. British teenage girls
D. Australian teenage girls
40. Who shares the fewest photos online?
A. American teenage boys
B. Japanese teenage boys
C. British teenage boys
D. Australian teenage boys
41. On average, how many text messages do American teens send each day?
A. one dozen
B. three dozen
C. five dozen
D. who cares?
42. How did an American IT pro respond to an anti-parental diatribe posted by his teenage daughter on Facebook?
A. He drove over her MacBook Pro with his Ford F-350 pickup truck.
B. He hacked the online applications to each college to which she was applying, adding the rant.
C. He shot up her laptop with his .45 loaded with hollow-point bullets.
D. He posted naked baby picture of her onto her Facebook page.
43. How long did Taiwanese gamer Chen Rong-yu sit in an internet cafe, immobile, before other gamers noticed he was dead?
A. two hours
B. nine hours
C. a day and a half
D. until a power failure brought down all the computers in the cafe
44. What did a team of Korean scientists discover to be the secret to a long life?
A. frequent orgasms, whether alone or with a partner
B. daily intake of 350ml of 40-proof soju (distilled grain or potato liquor)
C. occasional outbursts of rage
45. For what type of developers did the Melbourne company Flippa advertise?
A. "angrier birds"
C. "insanely great but Apple-averse"
D. "independently wealthy"
Sponsored: Today’s most dangerous security threats