22nd December 2012 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Stob Back when England was Top Nation in computing: reassembled from ancient parchments
Editor's Note: Verity Stob's celebrated history of computing was first published in EXE magazine in 1997, but has been unobtainable on the internets for several years. Now, thanks to the painstaking reconstruction of small pieces of parchment, and a small monetary inducement, we can now bring it to you as a Seasonal Treat. With …
Verity Stob 22 Dec 11:01
Curiosity looks for Martians, we search for a habitable planet
In a year dominated by Martian news, the pioneering Earthling spirit of one Elon Musk and the hunt for a second human home also grabbed some cosmic headlines. The year started with Curiosity's journey to the Red Planet, dodging solar flares as it thrust its way towards its mission on Mars. Despite the brand new landing …
Science 22 Dec 11:57
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month