Speaking in Tech: VMware $billion buy - brilliance ... or blunder?
Also, how many bods needed to fit an SDN lightbulb?
This week's techcast delves into all the latest technology in the storage and virtualisation sector. Your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela (Ed Saipetch is away on a secret mission) are talking to the Man Who Knows - special guest J Metz (@DrJMetz), who is strategic product manager of Storage and Unified Fabric at Cisco Systems. If you're a Software Defined Networking beginner, here's the place to start. We also take a look at the trend towards data centre convergence and how that will affect the storage industry at large.
This week we discuss...
- Happy Sarah
- Ed Saipetch, international man of mystery
- Catching up with J Metz
- The State of FCoE
- FCoE vs iSCSI
- FCoE vs Fibre Channel Brocade buys Vyatta
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) keeps making waves
- SDN hype - the scale of networks
- The enterprise and social media rockstars
- Social media split personality disorder
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Benefits from the lessons learned in HPC