27th October 2012 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Tablets and consoles still locked down
The US Copyright Office has published the latest exceptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and it's good news for phone jailbreakers and video remixers, who are now legal – well, until 2015, at least. The terms of DMCA lockdowns are reviewed every three years, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is …
Law 27 Oct 00:28
Never mind that rant, u can haz cats!
With the US presidential election less than two weeks away, social networking users can be forgiven for having grown tired of reading online political rants. Now, thanks to a new Chrome extension, fed-up Facebook fans can nip their friends' tirades in the bud. When installed in the Chrome browser, Unpolitic.me sifts through …
Applications 27 Oct 00:52
Review Kicks balls
Nearly a month has passed since EA kicked off sales for its latest Fifa release and, despite an influx of other impressive titles including PES 2013, the king of footie games remains firmly at the top of the UK charts. That's hardly a surprise in a population so grossly obsessed with the 'beautiful game'. Kept alive with a …
reghardware 27 Oct 08:00
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging