Speaking in Tech: What's it LIKE to be snarfed by Microsoft?
Plus: When lightning actually strikes, UPS is kind of bullshit
This week on Speaking in Tech, there's something for everyone: from electronics, storage and OpenStack playas to tape-heads and enterprise biz types. Tune in to hear Ed Saipetch, fresh from Structure Europe 2012, and Greg Knieriemen with another of El Reg's enterprise tech-casts. This week, Sarah Vela is playing away, so Greg and Ed get to grill special guest Greg Schulz (@StorageIO) from StorageIO. We also hear from StorSimple's Marc Farley, whose employer has just been acquired by Microsoft.
This week we cover...
- Catching up with Eddie, Structure Europe 2012 and disaster at home
- StorSimple's Marc Farley jumps in and comments on Microsoft acquisition last week
- Farley is now 3 for 3 on big start-up acquisitions
- Greg Schulz provides an update on Storage Networking World
- Speculation that Amazon Glacier is running on tape
- OpenStack chatter continues
- Amazon usability zones in Europe
- Stack fragentation concerns
- Greg and Ed's upcoming European travels
- The new Google Chromebook gets announced - Could Chromebooks be a viable client in the enterprise?
- Trade show junk
- The worst in tech
- Review of Greg Schulz's new book Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Customer Identity and Access Management