Speaking in Tech: 'Calling it a cloud doesn't make it so'
Software Defined Bullsh*t, cloudy judgment and more
In this week's enterprise techcast, Ed Saipetch is steering the ship solo - live from Amsterdam. The lucky sod is in North Holland for Structure:Europe 2012, and has left Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela languishing in the States while he tears up canal-lined streets in the name of tech.
His special guests this week are Derrick Harris, co-chair of Structure:Europe and senior writer at GigaOm; Sam Johnston, director of Cloud and IT Services at Equinix; Joe Baguley, CTO for VMware in EMEA; and Tony Lucas, founder and SVP of product at Flexiant.
This week we discuss...
- Structure Europe 2012
- The momentum (or lack of) behind CloudStack and OpenStack
- Cloud services vs products
- C-level perception of cloud
- Open source paranoia
- Telcos are the worst providers of cloud service
- The process problem
- IT hoarders
- Data center transition and the business value automation
- Dynamic Ops and the future of vCloud Director
- Software Defined Bullshit
- Calling it a cloud doesn't make it so
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: RAID: End of an era?