Speaking in Tech: In the cloud biz? Cut through the waffle and listen up
Experts discuss real world issues in the enterprise
Live from Chicago, it's a phenomenal techcast with some of the biggest brains in the cloudy business. Cloud and storage guru Ed Saipetch is manning the ship, live from Cloud Connect in Chicago, while Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela take the week off. Special guests this week include Mark Thiele, executive vice president of Datacenter Technologies; Margaret Dawson, vice president of product at Symform; James Duncan, CTO at Inktank; and Gina Minks, Inktank's director of training and certification. If you're wrangling with some of the real issues in the sector that affect deployment – and IT bods' jobs – you won't want to miss this.
This week we discuss...
- VMware and the Openstack ecosystem
- Open source cloud and the standards problem
- CloudStack and OpenStack ahead of the enterprise
- Cloud and the real world and real companies
- VMware, lock-in and cloud strategy
- Building the future on legacy IT
- Cloud and the people problem
- Big data and centralisation vs decentralisation
- IT and competitive advantages
- The fallacy of "best practices".
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection