China could penetrate US with new huge missile
It might be time to sweep the cobwebs out of that old nuclear bunker at the bottom of the garden after reports in state-run Chinese media confirmed that the People’s Liberation Army is actively developing an intercontinental missile capable of penetrating US defences.
News first emerged of the planned ‘super missile’ from defence industry bible Jane’s Defence Weekly last week, according to South China Morning Post.
It apparently claimed that a Dongfeng-41 (DF-41) intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), had been fired in testing last month by the PLA’s Second Artillery Corps.
This third-generation missile, US military sources told Jane’s, contain multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles (MIRVs) – effectively multiple warheads – meaning they would be almost impossible for current US defences to take down.
A report in Global Times, the populist sister title of Communist Party mouthpiece the People’s Daily, apparently confirmed such a rocket was in development, quoting local military expert Wei Guoan.
However, he denied it had been fired already in testing and claimed it was not a DF-41.
Recognising the potential threat from China and North Korea, the US is strategically ramping up its military presence in Asia, after years of focus on the Middle East during the Bush administration.
It’s planning to increase its anti-missile defences in the region which could include extra tracking radar, land-based intercept vehicles and missile-defence ships, according to a Wall Street Journal article. ®
A better explanation is that the military industrial complexes of both nations see each other as symbiotic partners in leeching off their respective countries lifeblood.
Yeah, you can nuke the shit out of the US. So what?
"Recognising the potential threat from China and North Korea, the US is strategically ramping up its military presence in Asia, after years of focus on the Middle East during the Bush administration."
Welfare-warfare in overdrive action, more like.
We now "focus" on the following in no particular order:
- The whole area of the Middle East (anything that irks Israel, in particular nondead Arabs and Persians).
- ...except freedom-loving countries like Saudi-Arabia and Qatar and the home of the 5th fleet, i.e. Bahrain.
- Areas around the Mediterranean where Arabs can be found, ex-friends of Tony Blair.
- All the 'tans, if they don't have a friendly Torturemeisters in charge that we can exploit.
- The newly freedomized nation of Kosovo. Stern warnings are emitted to the enemy of the quarter-century, Serbia.
- China and its dependencies. They have ships, this is dangerous!
- Russia (apparently back in "enemy #1" spot). Putin puts pussies in jail, gotta stop that.
- Anything where Russia can be baited (i.e. "countries that may become member of NATO", "countries where the NED is active", the formerly lovely Georgia. Lately, Romania where we now uphold Romania's constitution for some reason. We are also putting "Anti-Iran Missile Defenses" there.
- Yemen and Somalia and Ethiopia. Dusty countries that have something to do with something. One can send drones.
- Mexico, and the inflamed "War on Drugs" countries. Enjoy the horror.
- We "warn" and "put on notice" large swathes of South America regularly.
- Kony. Don't forget Kony!! He's bad, you know.
- Phillipines. There are terrorists there.
Come on Hillary, find us new targets. We are feeling idle. How about Space Nazis?
A cunning plan
"Sir, China's built a long range nuke that can hit anywhere in the US"
"Dammit, Fire up plan Star Wars III"
"ok, but that will cost a hunred billion squillion dollars"
"no problem we will just borrow the cash and increase the debt"
Meanwhile in Bejing:
"Hello, Super duper bank here"
"er,,hi we need to borrow one hundred billion squillion dollars on the US account please. we need some cool lasers and things, you know for safety"
"sure thing, oh and here is the intrest as well"
Cost of missile program = few hundred million . Cost of bankrupting your biggest competitor: Priceless