Speaking in Tech: We grill EMC's Mr VMWare
Virtual geek Chad Sakac talks SDNs, Oracle's Xsigo, CloudFoundry and more...
It's another enterprise and techcast with Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, your hosts are grilling a special guest: EMC's Chad Sakac. Last night they spoke to the storage guru, prolific blogger and virtual geek – who become a senior veep at EMC in January – about his promotion and new responsibilities, Oracle buying Xsigo, what's up with VMware, virtual servers and more. It's a good one, so just press play...
Oracle buys Xsigo
- Oracle's PR spins Xsigo as Software Defined Networking (SDN);
- Chad: “Sorry Oracle, Xsigo IS NOT Software Defined Networking”; and
- why it looks like a reaction to VMware buying Nicira.
VMware’s boldest move yet
- The advent of virtual networking – with virtual servers combined with vSphere’s storage virtualisation
- VMware is building the complete virtual stack
- How does the landscape change now for VMware, EMC and their competitors?
- Enterprise deployment of SDNs
- How do EMC and VMware keep the VMware lovefest going?
Big changes at EMC and VMware
- EMC’s President Pat Gelsinger is now the CEO of VMware and Paul Maritz is vice chairman at EMC
- How does Gelsinger manage VMware’s ecosystem partners having come directly from EMC?
- What’s next for CloudFoundry?
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Flash storage buyer's guide