Speaking in Tech: VMware is building the Death Star
The Empire strikes back
The "Stack Wars" are on and VMware is adding the final touches to its ultimate weapon ... Your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela chat to special guest Dave Graham of Juniper Networks this week and discuss VMware's latest moves, Cisco's reactions, Google's Nexus 7 and more in the latest edition of our enterprise tech cast.
VMware doesn't clarify CloudFoundry spinoff rumours
- Potential spinoff could come with risks
EMC and VMware in big executive shuffle
- Gelsinger takes over at VMware and the cross-pollination of VMware and EMC
- Are incremental enhancements in vSphere going to be enough?
VMware buys Nicira
- Cisco can't be happy
- Does Cisco make its own acquisitions now?
- Open standards based vs proprietary standards
- Software defined networking (SDN) will come to the enterprise
- Cisco and HP could be making moves
- Dell is leapfrogging through acquisitions quickly
- VMware's pricing strategy might undermine its vision
Quick review of the Google Nexus 7
- Google Now is absolutely awesome
- Nexus 7 is not behaving well right now
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools