Speaking in Tech: Will big biz swallow the seven-inch tablet?
Plus: The 'death' of social media
It's another episode of The Register's enterprise tech cast, and this week your hosts – Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela – are debating whether it's still worth engaging with social media – Greg thinks not – and whether widespread adoption of the 7-inch slab is really going to take off in the BYOD enterprise game.
The Big Twitter Purge
- The gang play the “Which Twitter creeper has a real job” game.
- Greg and Marc Farley experiment with Google hangouts.
- Public Google hangouts are a nightmare.
- Out of 44 people who jumped in (and most getting bounced out), we found one networking geek in the Czech Republic so we decided to start over and we had a good convo about the Mini iPad vs Nexus 7
7 inch Tablet Wars: Apple vs Google vs Amazon
Enterprise BYOD will be all about 7-inch, Wi-Fi tablets in a year
- Wi-Fi only will be a security problem
- 7 inch is a better form factor
- Android security is getting better
- Is there really a BYOD problem?
- Tablets in business meetings
- Real world BYOD problems
- Cisco routers managed by the cloud... and a really bad corporate lawyer writing horrible terms of service...
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links