2nd June 2012 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Product Round-up Panel beaters for under a grand
Looking for a top deal on a 42-47-inch Freeview HD TV? Then you’re in luck, there’s a wide choice in screens out there for less than £1K and a tight budget doesn’t necessarily mean cutting back on all the nice toys, if you shop smart. So which one will be your next TV? Finlux 46S6030-T The Finlux brand has been around the …
Hardware 2 Jun 2012, 07:00
But nobody thought it was a big deal
Recently unearthed photographs taken by Danish explorers in the 1930s show glaciers in Greenland retreating faster than they are today, according to researchers. We're not worried about rising sea levels. Well, we are in a seaplane. The photos in question were taken by the seventh Thule Expedition to Greenland led by Dr …
Science 2 Jun 2012, 09:07
Chief freezes pensions, trousers hefty £573k pay packet
The organisation that represents and pays out money to 90,000 songwriters and composers in the UK disclosed cost-cutting measures and explained new investment at its AGM last Thursday. The Performing Right Society, the PRS*, has a public sector-style (if not -scale) pension problem, in that future liabilities exceed current …
Media 2 Jun 2012, 12:00
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest