Speaking in Tech: How to grill an American VC
Biz bigwig Chris Lynch on how venture firms view Big Data investments
It's another enterprise and consumer tech cast hosted by The Dude of enterprise tech, Greg Knieriemen, cloud and storage playa Ed Saipetch and web2.0 maestra Sarah Vela. Their special guest this week is Christopher Lynch, a partner at Atlas Venture and former CEO and President of Vertica (which was sold to HP last year) and Acopia (which was sold to F5 in 2007).
In Part 2 of the interview (see part 1 here) , they discuss:
- Big Data, big problems.
- How Big Data solutions impact business decision-making.
- VC decision-making in Big Data investments.
- Imbedding Big Data solutions within each layer of infrastructure.
- How Atlas Venture-backed travel startup Hopper leverages Big Data.
- Whos is doing Big Sata well?
- Lynch's thoughts on EMC's Greenplum acquisition
- Hack/reduce and how it's prepping the next generation of Big Data.
- And finally, Chris faces the terror of the 10 Big Questions.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here .
Download Podcast 
Podcast Subscriber Links