Speaking in Tech: How to grill an American VC
Biz bigwig Chris Lynch on how venture firms view Big Data investments
It's another enterprise and consumer tech cast hosted by The Dude of enterprise tech, Greg Knieriemen, cloud and storage playa Ed Saipetch and web2.0 maestra Sarah Vela. Their special guest this week is Christopher Lynch, a partner at Atlas Venture and former CEO and President of Vertica (which was sold to HP last year) and Acopia (which was sold to F5 in 2007).
In Part 2 of the interview (see part 1 here), they discuss:
- Big Data, big problems.
- How Big Data solutions impact business decision-making.
- VC decision-making in Big Data investments.
- Imbedding Big Data solutions within each layer of infrastructure.
- How Atlas Venture-backed travel startup Hopper leverages Big Data.
- Whos is doing Big Sata well?
- Lynch's thoughts on EMC's Greenplum acquisition
- Hack/reduce and how it's prepping the next generation of Big Data.
- And finally, Chris faces the terror of the 10 Big Questions.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Re: Came to article expecting secret sauce
LOL, that is awesome.
Let me say... Chris Lynch was definitely "well done" during the podcast.
Came to article expecting secret sauce
I came to this article expeting to find some secret BBQ sauce recipe and left disapointed.