Speaking in Tech: What's a Klouchebag, is it anything like Apple?
Tax dodges, EMC World and the Oracle v Google smackdown
Our special guest this week is Mark Twomey, also known as Storagezilla.
This week we discuss...
- EMC World in Vegas is coming up - what to expect...
- Apple's taxes: The New York Times explains “How Apple Sidesteps Billions in Global Taxes” (it’s not a a European Sex Club trick), apparently “Apple was a pioneer of an accounting technique known as the “Double Irish With a Dutch Sandwich”.
- Google vs Oracle: Former Sun CEO: Jonathan Schwartz, Sun Founder: Scott McNealy and Java creator James Gosling contradict each other and demonstrate why Sun Microsystems was a disaster.
- Klouchebag is the rage... this week: Klouchebag is the "Anti-Klout" Twitter influence score based on Anger, Retweet Abuse, Social Apps and English Misuse.
- The Twitter account of the week is @PinlessPics and the blog of the week is http://textfromdog.tumblr.com.
- Storagezilla stares down the barrel of our “10 Big Questions”.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
I still say
"Good for Apple". All that happens when the government gets our money is that some rogue wastes it, at best. Ever notice that the cities in the US with the highest taxes tend to be the ones with the most corruption?