Speaking in Tech: What's a Klouchebag, is it anything like Apple?
Tax dodges, EMC World and the Oracle v Google smackdown
Our special guest this week is Mark Twomey, also known as Storagezilla.
This week we discuss...
- EMC World in Vegas is coming up - what to expect...
- Apple's taxes: The New York Times explains “How Apple Sidesteps Billions in Global Taxes” (it’s not a a European Sex Club trick), apparently “Apple was a pioneer of an accounting technique known as the “Double Irish With a Dutch Sandwich”.
- Google vs Oracle: Former Sun CEO: Jonathan Schwartz, Sun Founder: Scott McNealy and Java creator James Gosling contradict each other and demonstrate why Sun Microsystems was a disaster.
- Klouchebag is the rage... this week: Klouchebag is the "Anti-Klout" Twitter influence score based on Anger, Retweet Abuse, Social Apps and English Misuse.
- The Twitter account of the week is @PinlessPics and the blog of the week is http://textfromdog.tumblr.com.
- Storagezilla stares down the barrel of our “10 Big Questions”.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Optimizing the hybrid cloud