Nekkid Tech: The Great Backup Industry SMACKDOWN
Plus, adopt a needy cloud
Podcast Last week, Greg Knieriemen turned the heat up on Marc Farley, StorageIO's Greg Schulz and the legendary StorageZilla.
This time, Greg hosts special guest Jim McNiel, CEO of FalconStor Software (@jimmcniel), who gives us the skinny on the future of tape, back-up software lock-ins and cloudy convergence.
This week we discuss:
- Technology, vision and adoption of clouds
- The role of the cloud in backup and disaster recovery
- Backup software lock-in
- Tape is not a backup solution
- Challenges of VMware's ecosystem for data protection
- Replication efficiency
- Toppling the backup industry
- The "Bluestone" revolution
- Convergence of backup
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links