14th January 2012 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
More grist for the regulatory mill
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) may be expanding its antitrust investigations to include the increasing integration of Google+ into Mountain View‘s search engine business. Additional probes into the links between Google and its fledgling social network are being ordered to assess to what - if any - level Mountain View is …
Government 14 Jan 03:05
CES 2012 Las Vegas eye-catchers
Las Vegas, gambling’s natural home played host to 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this week. Here, the technology giants placed their bets and showed their hands with the launch of hundreds, nay thousands, of new technology products. On the table, PC manufacturers were upping the stakes with Ultrabooks aplenty – each …
reghardware 14 Jan 08:00
QotW Ballmer, Jobs dolls and Nuclear Annihilation
Gadgets were launched, people said stupid things and journalists trudged up and down writing stories about ultrabooks, this week was CES and it sent the tech press into a LED-dazzled headspin. There was less media attention, from US TV anyway, on the threat to web freedoms of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), under …
Bootnotes 14 Jan 09:00
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month