HP's David Scott - After the Honeymoon
Nekkid Tech at HP Discover
Last week Nigel hooked up with former podcasting washup deadbeat ass kissing loser old friend and Infosmack legend Greg Knieriemen at HP Discover in Vienna.
Nigel and Greg hooked up with Senior VP of HP Storage David Scott to shoot a joint Infosmack/Nekkid Tech podcast. On the show they talk all things storage and all things HP.
Among the questions, was whether or not if David were to bump in to his peers, from the likes of EMC and NetApp, whether he’d like smack them in the teeth and then when they’re on the ground put the boot in. If you want to know the answer you’ll have to listen ... We think you’ll like the intro.
In this week's episode we discuss...
- David Scott grades himself on HP - 3Par acquisition
- Changes since Meg Whitman came on board
- Innovation within HP
- Backup deduplication
- Cloud System Matrix and HP's cross division approach to cloud
- Open virtualized environments
- Competition with Cisco and building true heterogeneous environments
- Peer relationships among competitors
- What drives David Scott nuts
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Data Loss Prevention & Data Theft Prevention