22nd October 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Doesn't bother to poke Gaddafi
In an unusual step, NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR) has announced the end of operations in Libya via his Facebook page. Traditionally it has been the role of politicians to make statements announcing peace, but US Navy admiral James Stavridis has bucked tradition by posting the following message on his Facebook …
Media 22 Oct 00:05
WSC A light bulb here, a light bulb there
Tokai University of Japan were crowned the 2011 World Solar Challenge champions on Thursday, after four-and-a-half days racing through the Australian continent. The Japanese team made huge gains on Day 3 over second and third-placed teams Nuon of the Netherlands and the University of Michigan. How did they get so far ahead? …
SPB 22 Oct 06:13
Product Round-up Bed and breakfast
Small screen TVs are riding a wave of austerity-driven popularity. The good news is downsizing isn’t half as embarrassing as it used to be. Ultra-thin LED panels, integrated USB media readers and even streaming IPTV services are there to be had if you know where to look. Hannspree SV28LMMB This 28inch edge-lit LED cheapie …
reghardware 22 Oct 07:00
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace