24th September 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Product Round-up Paper view
There are two types of inkjet all-in-one printer: one intended for photo enthusiasts and the other for people running offices. It's the latter lot I'm attending to here, with a selection of printers designed for those who value plain paper output as much as - if not more than - snaps. The price ranges large, with the cheapest …
reghardware 24 Sep 08:00
Handbags at dawn...
Google went live with its hotly anticipated Wallet application on Tuesday, though it will hardly hit the mass market yet – it runs only in the US, on the Sprint network, and on its own handset, the Nexus S. And eBay‘s PayPal – the firm which sued Google when it first unveiled Wallet in June – may be the more important player to …
Financial News 24 Sep 10:00
We weren't afraid to ask
This year the supercomputing community gathers in Seattle on November 14-17 for SC11, the conference to learn and talk about how they design and build and code the biggest computers in the world. So what can you expect? Who better to ask than the chair of SC11, Scott Lathrop? In a wide-ranging conversation, we explore how the …
HPC 24 Sep 12:24
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat