18th September 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
InMobi scores biggest VC deal of the year
The world’s largest indie mobile advertising network InMobi has received a $US200 million cash infusion from Japan’s Softbank. The transaction represents one of the biggest venture capital deals of the year and eclipses all mobile VC investments. InMobi, which launched in 2007, claims it can currently serve ads on 340 million …
Music and Media 18 Sep 22:31
Two board members follow
Twitter’s chief scientist Abdur Chowdhury has left the microblogging empire. Chowdhury confirmed his exit in a tweet with a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy salute. Chowdhury was the architect behind Twitter’s search and recommendations features. He originally joined the company 2008 after Twitter acquired his start-up, …
Music and Media 18 Sep 23:00
‘OMG it’s not cheap enough!’
iiNet has announced its National Broadband Network service prices. The number-two ISP has published the prices on its Website, with the entry-level 12/1 Mbps, 40 Gbyte service costs $AU49.95 per month; with the top-speed, maximum allowance 100/40 Mbps Terabyte downloads service costing $AU99.95. Customers can choose 40 Gbyte, …
Telecoms 18 Sep 23:21
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire