13th August 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
8 mil poisoned pages, thanks to osCommerce users
An attack targeting sites running unpatched versions of the osCommerce web application kept growing virally this week, more than three weeks after a security firm warned it was being used to install malware on the computers of unsuspecting users. When researchers from Armorize first spotted the exploit on July 24, they …
Malware 13 Aug 00:15
Review Screening success?
I’ve actually written several introductions to this review. One opened extolling the benefits of 3D projection over 3D TVs. I thoughtfully proposed that the key problem with 3D flatscreens is that they’re just too small - rather than confound and entrance you with 3D, they merely present you with a window and invite you to peer …
reghardware 13 Aug 07:00
Can't play, won't play
Not the best start to the season for Fantasy Premier League, the hugely popular, free game for grown ups, which crashed today. At time of writing fantasy.premierleague.com is reachable, but members can't sign in and make any changes to teams - apparently this is important because of the postponement of the Spurs-Everton game …
Networks 13 Aug 12:09
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire