Star Wars: The Old Republic preps pre-order pages
Force with us tomorrow
Retailers have leaked details of pre-order plans for EA and BioWare's anticipated MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The latter - which is expected to retail for about £150 - is shown to include:
- Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
- Star Wars: The Old Republic game disks in collectible metal case
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
- Old Republic galaxy map
- Custom Security Authentication Key
- Exclusive Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
- High-quality collector's edition box
There is also the inclusion of 7 additional digital items:
- Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air
- Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
- HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
- HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
- STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
- Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky droid to join your adventures
- Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items
According to Kotaku, EA will officially start taking pre-orders at 8am GMT tomorrow morning. Only the first 50,000 pre-orders will be guaranteed, with any overflow put into a waiting list.
The game itself is yet to receive an official launch date, although is widely-expected sometime in November.
More details on Star Wars: The Old Republic are predicted at Comic-Con this week. ®
It is an EA game
Even if it is Star Wars I will not touch it.
I can resist this
no worries. I can avoid this.
Now if there was a World of Starcraft....I think I'd be hosed. at least for a little while;
There is a standard edition you know.
Just buy the standard edition, its the same game and if you really want the jumble, just wait until your local game store reduces it to 10 quid to get their shelf space back.