17th July 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
'Incredible exploration milestone', enthuses NASA boss
NASA's Dawn spacecraft yesterday entered orbit around asteroid Vesta, in what the agency's head honcho Charles Bolden described as an "incredible exploration milestone". Vesta (pictured below) is the second-largest body in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, with its 530 kilometre (330 mile) diameter bulk surpassed …
Science 17 Jul 2011, 12:18
Emotional message from 'beloved' space station
The crew of Atlantis have paid a somewhat awkward tribute to their venerable vehicle, as the US prepares to bid a tearful farewell to the space shuttle programme. The STS-135 crew members were this morning spared a celebrity wake-up call, instead enjoying a cheery bonjour from workers at the Stennis Space Center in southern …
Science 17 Jul 2011, 12:30
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers