Infosmack gets down and dirty with blades and racks
Deep dive into server technologies
This is the first Infosmack Deep Dive podcast, hosted by Nigel Poulton, the infrastructure inquisitor, with co-host Rick Vanover and guests Kevin Houston and Bob Plankers.
The idea of the Deep Dive came from Nigel who wanted to hear more in-depth material about specific technologies. We told him, "OK, Go!" and here we are...
Among the topics Nigel and guests discuss this week are:
- The prevailing assumptions about blade and rack servers,
- the I/O capabilities of blades and racks,
- scalability concerns
- management considerations
- relative cost of server technologies
- and a wish list for future server products.
On with the show.
Listen using the Reg media player below, or download the MP3 here. ®
Sponsored: Benefits from the lessons learned in HPC