29th May 2011 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Did Nokia make the right call?
Earlier this year, Nokia derailed the MeeGo operating system project it shared with Intel by making Windows Phone 7 the heart of its strategy. This week, developer briefings have been held for both platforms, outlining their latest upgrades (MeeGo 1.2 and WP7 Mango) plus next generation plans. Both are laying claim to be the …
Mobile 29 May 09:00
Hint: why do we buy offshore?
Australian gaming, tech and software consumers selecting to buy from local online stores vs offshore etailers are paying up to 91 percent for the pleasure, according to consumers watchdog Choice. Choice has revealed in a submission to the Productivity Commission’s retail inquiry, that pricing disparities between many items …
Entertainment 29 May 22:34
No you didn’t exceed your limit, we can’t secure our data
The Australian banking system has been rocked by a mystery security breach which caused the immediate cancellation of over 10,000 cards on Friday. The Commonwealth Bank and the St George Bank initiated the alert via SMS to customers notifying them that their cards would be cancelled as part of precautionary measures. The …
Security 29 May 22:50
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire