IT service fitness: prevention is better than cure
The omnipresence of IT
Webcast Delivering a service is dependent on getting networks, storage, servers, operating systems, middleware and applications to work together to agreed levels. But we know how difficult it is to keep these complex chains running reliably; and the problem gets more acute when we throw virtualisation in to the mix.
The answer is to keep on top of what’s happening across the entire service infrastructure and detect and solve problems as they start to happen - not when they have gone critical.
But how do we get there?
The Register’s Tim Phillips was joined by Freeform Dynamics’ Andrew Buss and Nimsoft’s Tim Rochte on the Regcast “Prevention is Better than Cure" to discuss possible answers and the steps needed to achieve the best 'ominpresent' perspective across your IT business services. They looked at:
- Tech infrastructure as a service.
- Proactive monitoring and management
- How to evaluate and control a healthy relationship between infrastructure performance and SLAs.
- Can your business have a more comprehensive approach to its IT mechanics so you are engaged and productivity is not harmed?
- Can all of your internal and external IT systems be managed in alignment to work with your business needs?
You can tune into this free event on demand here. ®
complexity is the problem
Design a loosely coupled system in a peering arrangment, that way when some box falls over, you get a slow degredation in system performance instead of blank screens all round ..