The Great Amazon Crash of 2011
So what has Infosmack got say about this?
Podcast And welcome to Infosmack 97, a lovely podcast show in which hosts Greg Knieriemen and Marc Farley with the Diva of Disruptive Technologies Christina Weil discuss that Amazon Outage, the first really big Cloud crash since ever.
This week we discuss:
- Banter about the Royal Wedding
- Banter on New Oreans JazzFest and SecondLine
- Background on Joyent
- Breakdown of Amazon Web Services outage
- Who is to blame for AWS outage? Application developers or Amazon?
- Big Data vs. Important Data
- What kind of damage has Amazon done to the perception of the cloud?
- Amazon is not "the cloud"
- What about the companies who use Amazon and didn't fail?
You can listen using the Reg media player below, or download the MP3 here. ®
Sponsored: Today’s most dangerous security threats