21st November 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Opinion Laws should defend the public, not ISPs
The usually perspicacious Neelie Kroes, the European Digital Agenda Commissioner, has finally hit a wall in Net Neutrality legislation, perhaps seeing the conflicting sides to the net neutrality argument. These are the same arguments that the US Government and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have been unable to sort …
Telecoms 21 Nov 09:30
Compo results And the Reg goodie bag goes to...
Our competition last year to identify genuine mobile phone base stations went down well, with more than 30,000 of you having a shot at divining the antennas from the trees. In the end it was Robert Jeffrey who scooped the coveted El Reg goodie bag, but for those who didn't manage it, here, much belatedly, are the answers... …
Mobile 21 Nov 10:00
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire