Reg reader stitches PARIS right up
Beautiful composite image of spaaaaace...
A tip of the hat this afternoon to reader Jon Grove, who was so impressed by our Paper Aircraft Released Into Space high-altitude snaps that he decided to get down and dirty with some hot PARIS images.
Jon explains: "I used PaintshopPro, copied a bunch of your pictures into different layers, scaled and rotated and positioned them appropriately, then merged into one image. Tweaked the contrast a bit, applied a touch of sharpening, tidied the sky/horizon, and voila!"
Voila! indeed. Here's the impressive result of Jon's dexterity. You can click on the image for a bigger version:
Jon adds: "There are a few places where the match is not quite perfect, but it's nice to get an impression of the view that your Playmonaut must have had."
It is, and to get some idea of what lies beneath the cloud, Jon suggested roughly the same vista seen on Google Earth:
Good work that man. Quite what breathtaking panoramas our LOHAN Playmonaut will enjoy remain to be seen... ®
Additional PARIS resources
- New to PARIS? We have a basic mission summary here (pdf).
- Our dedicated PARIS section, with all previous updates, is right here.
- You can find our release, pursuit and recovery photos here...
- ...and our onboard camera photo album here.
- Our Flickr page, for your viewing pleasure.
- Check out our lovely YouTube channel.