Vulture 1 sprouts wings and a tail
Lots of lovely construction snaps for your viewing pleasure
At this point, suitably fortified with a quick shot of brandy, we turned our attention to the wings. Our previous effort, and readers' comments regarding the same, prompted us to go with a redesigned rib, which looks like this:
We made a raft of ribs from a four-ply paper laminate (as per the rudder and elevators, but with an extra ply) and punched them out to accept the paper-straw spars:
The main spar is formed from three straws, which you have to keep pinned down during glueing to keep them hard up against each other:
Here's the main spar passing through the ribs...
...and the trailing edge spar in position. Note the high-tech wing assembly jig:
Sponsored: DevOps and continuous delivery