25th September 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
No-poaching pacts 'anticompetitive'
On Friday, the US Department of Justice sued and then announced a settlement with Apple, Google, Intel, Adobe, Intuit, and Pixar, in a move that will stop the six companies from entering into what the DoJ characterized as "anticompetitive employee solicitation agreements." According to the DoJ's announcement of the suit and …
Business 25 Sep 00:28
Mozilla Labs is touting a phone-of-the-future that would project a keyboard onto tabletops and read keystrokes with infrared sensors. With a Friday blog post, Mozilla's research arm unveiled a concept smartphone dubbed Seabird. Cooked by New York-based designer Bill May, it's billed as "an experiment in how users might …
Mobile 25 Sep 00:29
Last week's tech revisited
In the past seven days, Reg Hardware has looked at many products from the worlds of consumer electronics, gaming and computing. If you missed anything, here are those products again. Lifestyle Apple iPod Touch 4G iPhone lite Philips 32PFL9705 Ambilight 32in LED backlit TV Magic lantern? Apple iPod …
Hardware 25 Sep 09:00
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire