28th August 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
$2bn – because nothing else is 'available'
Dell and HP have once again traded bids as they tussle over storage outfit 3PAR. On Friday morning, Dell matched HP's Thursday bid of $27 a share, and HP promptly re-upped the ante with a $30 a share bid, valuing 3PAR at $2 billion. Meanwhile, shares in the Fremont, California-based 3PAR jumped to $32.46, a more than 235 per …
Storage 28 Aug 05:18
A taste of last week's tech
In the past seven days, Reg Hardware reviewed many products from the worlds of consumer electronics, gaming, computing and photography. If you missed anything, here are those products again. Lifestyle True Utility Scarab and KeyTool micro multi-tools 007-style gadgetry for geeks Ten Essential... Wireless …
Hardware 28 Aug 08:02
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging