iPhone 4 burns, hurts owner
His hand or his pride?
Some bloke's iPhone 4 has reportedly caught fire.
Well, kind of. What appears to be a duff USB port - whether on the handset or the device it was connected to isn't known, the marks on the cable's connector suggest the former - caused the conflagration which scorched the phone and melted the dock cable's plastic surround.
The incident was reported to website Boy Genius Reports - the modesty of the lad - after being sent some snaps by an alleged AT&T store worker.
The mole claims Apple confirmed the source of the problem was the USB port and not the fault of the phone's owner, who apparently suffered a burn - but one not sufficiently serious to stop him or her bringing the still "extremely hot" handset straight round to said AT&T shop.
We don't know, something smells here - and we don't mean the whiff of melting iPhone cable. ®
Must have been the users fault
as he wasn't holding it properly.
Mines the one with the Apple resistant coating
Havn't Aple owners been burnt enough already?
Everytime they buy something from Apples walled garden they get burnt.
Good job he can't get signal, otherwise it could have mutilated his face!
Steve Jobs has always maintained that the iPhone was "hot stuff"
I'll get me coat...
...a short in the cable, right at the connector. A dead short would presumably blow some kind of fuse internal to the i<device>, but a weak short would act like a miniature toaster.
Where's those bagels now?