13th June 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Maverick Meerkat meets multitouch
Ubuntu-based tablets could hit the market as early as the first quarter of 2011, says a Canonical exec. "The devices world is a really exciting space right now and we're really bullish on it," Canonical VP of alliances and OEM services told Network World. Kenyon's comments jibe with what he told The Reg last month: that …
Operating Systems 13 Jun 2010, 04:30
Comment Like Hendrix? Morrison? Elvis?
Cloud network-attached storage (NAS) startup ParaScale has been forced into some emergency self-surgery after failing to seal a funding round. What is happening and where is it going? Founder and chief technology officer Cameron Bahar said: "It is true that we were not able to raise our series-B round of financing with Sajai …
Storage 13 Jun 2010, 07:02
Displaying their wares
We have already pointed out that the iPhone 4 faces far more credible competition than its predecessors in terms of smartphones integrating advanced hardware design with a distinctive user experience. As we wait for Symbian^3 and Windows Phone 7, the challenge focuses on Android, and its supporters are certainly rising to the …
Mobile 13 Jun 2010, 08:02
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go