The challenges of on-demand IT
Virtualized, outsourced and stuck in a cloud
Webcast On June 10 at 11am here in Blighty we'll be packing our studio with a raft of experts to talk about how virtualization and the promise of cloud services are challenging the conventional economics, management and delivery of IT.
Hosting the event will be The Register's own Tim Phillips, joined by Martin Atherton from Freeform Dynamics and Mark Taylor from Microsoft. The trio will consider how the decoupling of hardware and software driven by virtualisation technology and emerging financing and payment models are influencing the choices we have to solve business problems and challenging the ways we have approached technology in the past.
The plan is that they will follow something like the agenda below:
- How to stay competitive in an increasingly fast-moving business environment and maximise efficiencies in uncertain economic times.
- What the key shifts impacting the ‘business’ of IT are.
- How to advise the business on the best way to exploit them.
- Why the traditional ways of using and measuring IT don’t cut it any more.
- How IT driving the agenda is the only sensible course of action to take.
That's the plan, at least. If you come along armed with other related questions they'll answer them live, too.
We're hoping the combination of expertise and entertainment will make for a great broadcast. If you'd like to join us, you can register right here for free.
Remember, if you can’t make it on the day, register now and we’ll send you an email when the recorded version of the event is ready for you watch at you leisure. ®
Sponsored: Global DDoS threat landscape report