15th May 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Emphasis on UI
Apple has been slapped with another patent infringement lawsuit - but the suit says more about the festering sore that is the US patent system than it does about the individual patents involved. The lawsuit was filed by Austin, Texas inventor Eric Gould Bear, President and CEO of interface design firm MonkeyMedia. The core of …
Music and Media 15 May 07:02
Keep up at the back
In the past seven days, Reg Hardware reviewed dozens of products from the worlds of consumer electronics, photography, gaming, mobile communications and information technology. In case you missed any, here are all the products we evaluated this past week. Lifestyle Sharp Aquos LC-46LE821E 46in quad-pixel TV Do yellow …
Hardware 15 May 08:02
Review First wireless iPlayer box, apparently
Among the various HD Freesat receivers emerging this year is Technisat’s HDFS, that its German manufacturer has the claim to fame of being the first such device to be able to access the BBC's iPlayer service wirelessly. However, the devil is in the detail. Technisat's HDFS touts wireless iPlayer features, but you'll need to …
reghardware 15 May 08:02
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire