What's on the mind of the Freetard eBookworm?
Pirate download chart reveal hobbies, habits and hopes
To Mayfair, where at the crack of dawn we find a huddle of eBook technology companies and investors.
On display were a couple of prototype readers, with next generation screen tech, and a sober assessment of the market. I'll report on this later. But in the presentations I saw a Top 10 downloads chart that's too good not to share.
It's a list of the most downloaded eBook titles on Bittorrent. Have a look:
- Adobe Photoshop Secrets
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amazing Sex
- The Lost Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci
- Solar House - A Guide for the Solar Designer
- Before Pornography - Erotic Writing in Early Modern England
- How to Get Anyone to Say YES - The Science of Influence
- Nude Photography - The Art and the Craft
- Fix It - How To Do All Those Little Repair Jobs Around The House
A fine selection. It even invites us to compose a narrative. Stage one finds the bookish freetard trying to influence a She to say Yes (8), which if successful is where (3) and (1) come in. But before too long, the poor sod is dragged into (10) doing the household chores. From DIY to DIY in four steps, you might say.
Maybe you can compose your own, and let us know. No illustrations, though, please. ®
Sponsored: Flash storage buyer's guide