7th February 2010 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
The beta of the third, and restructured, edition of Ruby on Rails has been delivered. Rails founder David Heinemeier blogged that Ruby on Rails 3.0 "feels lighter, more agile, and easier to understand" in spite of the changes. This update is the result of almost 4,000 commits by more than 250 code authors. Completed code is …
Developer 7 Feb 07:36
Aggressive projects more successful
It seems that Unified Communications (UC) has at last started to move beyond the ‘what is it’ stage and hit the mainstream world of real users with real implementations and real experiences. As we found in our poll (full report available here) at the end of last year with Reg readers, which looked at advanced business …
Networks 7 Feb 09:02
Low cloud ceiling grounds shuttle
NASA has scrubbed today's planned lift-off of space shuttle Endeavour due to a "low cloud ceiling" at Kennedy Space Center. The agency says the next launch opportunity is tomorrow (Monday) at 09:14 GMT. Endeavour's STS-130 mission to the International Space Station will be the last nighttime shuttle launch. The 13-day …
Space 7 Feb 10:23
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging