13th December 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
'Nexus One' due next year, says report
Google has designed an Android-based handset that it intends to sell directly to consumers, according to multiple reports. As recently as October 30, Google had flatly denied that it was "making hardware" or that it would "compete with its customers" by offering its own phone. But it would seem the web search outfit/world …
Mobile 13 Dec 05:20
Analysis Treehuggers, tightwads, patriots - it's for all of us
Today on the environmental front: some news that ought to please most people, for a change. The government is being urged - by its own researchers - to get behind a home energy technology which could seriously cut into both carbon emissions and (if you don't care about those) energy bills and future gas imports from Russia. We …
Environment 13 Dec 10:02
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system