LIVE NOW: The state of the x86 server estate
Featuring Reg reader research
Webcast Today at 11am GMT we share the wisdom of your peers in a live webcast on the state of the x86 server estate.
The webcast draws on research we recently completed with you, the reader: it promises to give you good insight into how your peers are coping with the challenges of the modern server environment – and gives you the low-down on the pressures that end users are feeling.
This will include looking at the following trends, techniques and capabilities.
• The currency of server environments, and the management challenges that are perceived.
• Drivers for change, where they are coming from and what impact they are having.
• New chipset developments and their enhanced capabilities
• Investment and modernisation plans, and what hurdles are in the way of modernisation.
• The impact of x86 server virtualization.
• Management realities in terms of capabilities, and plans for improvement.
You can expect real world anecdotes and scenarios from Reg readers. The event is fronted by the legendary Tim Phillips and will include Jon Collins from Freeform Dynamics and Iain Beckingham, a server expert from Intel.
We won’t be talking at you, this gig is interactive, so you can ask questions and get granular on any points you need answered.
You can join everyone here. ®
Sponsored: Benefits from the lessons learned in HPC