Taking open source into the real world
Few closed shops
Regcast Whether organisations benefit more from using open source-based solutions or those supplied from traditional proprietary software vendors is often debated at a theoretical level. In reality organisations use solutions that give them some form of business benefit or that address particular pain points, deploying a mix of proprietary and open source. The balance varies organisation by organisation but in the real world there are few closed shops.
This webcast aims to give attendees the advice and answers to weigh up the benefits, costs and risks of proprietary, open source and hybrid environments. Join The Register's expert panel for this live, fully interactive webcast from 2pm (BST)/ 9am (EST) July 29
Experts from The Register, Novell, Freeform Dynamics and Microsoft will provide their opinions, practical advice and answers to attendee questions throughout this hour-long event. Topics include:
- What are organisations adopting when it comes to Open Source and Proprietary software?
- The impact of virtualization
- How open source and proprietary can fit side by side
- Making interoperability work
- The management and support of open source and proprietary solutions
- Virtualization and flexible operations
- Novell and Microsoft working together
- Selling in the ideas and getting started
This event is free to attend for all readers of The Register, if you are unable to make the live broadcast leave us your details and we will email you when the on-demand edition is ready. Register your interest here.
Sponsored: Data Loss Prevention & Data Theft Prevention