12th July 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Possible minor zombification side effect
Crazed US military boffins, their plans for the eradication of humanity in a machine-rebellion bloodbath at a stand, have adopted an alternative strategy. They plan now to develop a "plant-based production system", ostensibly for the harvest of valuable products beneficial to humanity - but which seems certain to unleash a …
Biology 12 Jul 08:02
Florida weather refuses to play ball
NASA today scrubbed the launch of space shuttle Endeavour for the fourth time, citing inclement weather at Kennedy Space Center. The agency reports: "Cumulus clouds and lightning violated rules for launching Endeavour because of weather near the Shuttle Landing Facility. The runway would be needed in the unlikely event that …
Space 12 Jul 23:26
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire