18th April 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Can you hear this?
Verizon's mad as hell, and it just doesn't know who to take it out on. Yet. The US's largest mobile telco has reportedly filed a lawsuit against vandals who plunged large chunks of Silicon Valley into communications darkness by sabotaging a fiber-optic cable. The catch? US authorities investigating the incident have yet to …
Networks 18 Apr 01:16
Potential Akelas' criminal records to your inbox
The Criminal Records Bureau has introduced an e-application system to enable organisations to apply for bulk criminal records checks The electronic application system, known as e-Bulk, will enable those who make more than 3,000 checks a year to make multiple applications and receive the results online. Each year the CRB …
Policing 18 Apr 06:02
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month