14th February 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Blow loved ones a kiss, virtually
So today’s the big day, but you’ve forgotten a present and refuse to splash out £35 on some wilting roses. Thankfully, an iPhone application’s been created that’ll help you avoid the impending slap across the face or night-long cold shoulder. BlowAKiss sends loved-up emails from the iPhone The Walmart – BlowAKiss …
Reg Hardware 14 Feb 00:02
Web2.0rhea king mocks Meltdown
Amidst the deepest world financial crisis since The Great Depression, Twitter has landed another $35 million in funding. Co-founder Biz Stone claims his Web2.0rhea outfit wasn't looking for more financing. But two separate venture capitalists insisted, defying countless claims that tech VC is drying up. And according to …
Financial News 14 Feb 00:13
Bondholders call shenanigans
Saddled with debt, American video game maker Midway has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Creator of the long-running Mortal Kombat said it is seeking protection from creditors after a change in ownership last year pushed forward the deadline for Midway to pay off its debts. The company said Chapter 11 protection will let the …
Reg Hardware 14 Feb 00:17
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire