31st January 2009 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Our congratulations go to the following Register Hardware readers, who entered and won our recent competitions. Mark Reed from Gwynedd, Wales won himself a shiny, black Palm Treo Pro. Kevin Wood from Essex received a snazzy Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbook with Vodafone HSDPA connectivity. Mark Aggleton from Somerset, Maxine …
Reg Hardware 31 Jan 08:02
Updated This internet may harm your computer
A human error at Google caused its main search engine to briefly identify every site on the web as a potentially malicious destination that represented a threat to end users, the company said. Starting early Saturday morning California time, the world's largest search engine flagged each search result with the warning: "This …
Security 31 Jan 15:28
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE